Selection method of universal coupling
Most couplings have been standardized or normalized. The designer's job is to choose, not to design. The selection of coupling is roughly divided into the following steps:
Select the type of coupling: according to the size of the transfer load, the height of the shaft speed, the installation accuracy of the connected two parts, etc., refer to the characteristics of all kinds of coupling to select the type of coupling.
1) According to the size and nature of the torque transmission and the demand for the buffer and vibration reduction function, the high-power heavy-duty transmission can choose the gear coupling; For the transmission of severe impact load or requiring the elimination of torsional vibration of shafting, the wheel coupling or the coupling with high elastic energy can be selected.
2) according to the size of the working speed of the coupling and the centrifugal force caused by the size of the high-speed drive shaft should be selected with high balance accuracy of the coupling, such as: diaphragm coupling, should not choose the existence of eccentric slider coupling.
3) According to the size and direction of the relative displacement of the two axes. When after installation adjustment, it is difficult to keep the two axes in strict and accurate alignment or the two axes will produce large additional relative displacement in the process of work, flexible coupling should be selected. For example, when the radial displacement is larger, the slider coupling is optional, and the joint of the Angle is larger or the intersection of two axes can be used as a universal coupling.
4) Coupling reliability and working environment. Usually made of metal components without lubrication of the coupling is more reliable, the performance of the lubrication of the coupling is easily affected by the degree of lubrication, and may pollute the environment. The coupling containing rubber and other non-metallic components is more sensitive to temperature, corrosive media and strong light, and easy to aging.
5) Due to manufacturing, installation, deformation under load and temperature change, it is difficult to keep the two shafts in strict and accurate alignment after installation and adjustment. There is a certain degree of displacement and skew Angle in X and Y directions. When the radial displacement is larger, the slider coupling can be selected, and the angular displacement is larger or the joint of two axes can be used universal coupling. When the two axes produce large additional relative displacement in the process of work, flexible coupling should be used.
Contact: Spark Wang
Add: North side of Planning 4th Road, Southern Industrial New Town, Jizhou District, Hengshui City, Hebei Province, China